Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Witches Cauldron

So for Halloween this year my 7 year old wants to be a witch again. Up until yesterday she wanted to be a princess musketeer. She had watched some Barbie three Musketeer movie and that is what she wanted to be. It's a good thing I haven't actually started making the costume. This happens every year. She has a great Idea of what she wants to be, and then days before Halloween she changes her mind, some time even the day before or the day of. This has never been a problem in the past because we have a tickle trunk full of dress up clothes and as long as she changes her mind to something that is in the trunk then it is no big deal. So I had put off making a princess musketeer dress for her until this week. I had found a pattern in my collection that I thought would be perfect. I had recently bought some shiny purple material for 99 cents a meter just to add to my stash but was also perfect for the dress. But yesterday after school she told me that she really wanted to be a witch again because she didn't want to break her new tradition. Last year is really the only year that she has actually followed through with being a witch. Every other year she has changed her mind. I think last year was different because she put the costume together all by herself.
Spooky isn't she? Truly a wicked witch. You should have heard her cackle...it was scary.
So this year I wanted to help her add something to an already great costume. I was looking around on one of my favorite sites to inspire new ideas, One Pretty Thing, and I came across this ideaA Creepy bubbling witches cauldron. I have a plastic pumpkin trick-or-treat bucket that I think I'll spray paint all black and create this cauldron for her to carry with her, She'll probably just take it with her to her school party but I think it will be a nice addition to her costume.




p.s. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered into my random giveaway. click here for details.


1 comment:

  1. that looks absolutely incredible! good job!
    p.s. I love the teal and brown dot carseat cover

    ReplyDelete

leave a message

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...