Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's dead

Possibly one of the saddest days of my life came and went yesterday with the news that my sewing machine could not be fixed. When the sewing machine fix it guy called to give me the news, I thought I might actually cry. I loved my Janome. As my graduating from university gift my mom and grandma pitched in to help me buy this fabulous machine. We bought it used with a price tag of about $750. It had so many fabulous functions that I have become accustom to. I learned to sew on my mom's Janome (she is still using it 20+ years later). So there was no question in my mind that a Janome was the machine of choice. I could go on and on about how much I loved that machine. I sewed my wedding dress on that machine. The cost to replace it with a comparable machine is $800-1100. I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a sewing machine snob. I want a Janome. I know there are other really good machines out there, but still to buy one that is comparable the price is still near the same....so where in the world am I going to find $1000 before Christmas? It's not likely to happen. Thankfully I have already had a few friends offer me their machine to use. I think I'll take up an elderly friend of mine who saw my sad status on Facebook and called to offer me her Bernina. She's much past her sewing years so I won't be interrupting her Christmas projects. And I know that Berninas are a good machine. That should get me through until I can figure out what I'm going to do and where I'm going to find the money to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...