Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sew Pretty Pillows




For Sweetpeas's birthday this year(a few months back) I made her this woven ribbon pillow. I saw a tutorial for it over at Ros Made Me. I knew I had to make this pillow. Good thing there was a birthday coming up. Sweetpea was turning 9 and she loves stuff like this. The best thing about this was the only thing I had to buy was the pillow form. I had all the ribbon, the zipper in the back, the back fabric and the interfacing all in my stash, which really isn't surprising if you were to see the size of my stash.



Fast forward a month or so. I was sewing these patchwork wristbands to sell at the School's Fall fair when Baby girl asked me if I'd be able to make a pillow like those wristbands. I told her that I certainly could, and that it was a good idea, I had never thought about it.


Now lets talk about last week. I created this pillow for Baby girl, it will be a Christmas present. The fabric is mostly scraps left over from a skirt I made for myself once. Baby girl once asked me if I had enough fabric left over to make her a skirt too. But I didn't. However I did have more than enough to make a fabulous pillow. Once again I had everything on hand except the pillow form....which, as you can see, I still don't have. I think she is going to LOVE it, because seriously, what is there to not love about it?

I suppose I should think up or find some cool pillow to make for Munchkin. She might feel left out. Good thing I have a whole lot of fun pillows pinned on Pinterest to inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...