Thursday, December 1, 2011

Food Friday: Quinoa...if you haven't tried it, you should try it like this

I've heard so much about Quinoa(pronounced 'keen-wa'). But until recently I haven't tried it. I was afraid. I didn't know what to do with it. If you don't know what it is you can read about it here. You cook it just like you would rice. It is high in protein and is said to be the new super food. It can be used as a rice substitute, but that is not all, it can be used in just about any kind of dish.
Last week we made it into a kind of "oatmeal" using this recipe(I hate real oatmeal so this was brave for me). It was quite tasty, and I would absolutely eat it for breakfast like that.




But then I found this picture when I searched "quinoa" on Pinterest.
It looked absolutely yummy! So of course I pinned it and then added the ingredients to my shopping list. Tonight I made them. They. Were. Delicious. 
Everybody loved them and wanted seconds. I didn't change anything about the recipe so you can just go over to Eating Well...Living Thin and get the recipe yourself.

To go along with it we also had these deliciously sinful cheesy ranch potatoes and a very healthy green salad. The meal was delightful all around.

Now seriously, you need to go out and find yourself some quinoa and try these, you won't regret it, I promise!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...