Thursday, December 1, 2011

My favorite discovery on Pinterest so far

OK, this may or may not be an exaggeration...but I believe I just discovered the most amazing thing on Pinterest.

Wait for it....


DIY microwave popcorn! That's right. Popcorn in just minutes with out all the extra crud that is in each microwave popcorn bag. I haven't owned an air popper for....well I haven't ever owned one. We have always made our popcorn in a kettle on the stove, or used microwave popcorn(why, I don't know). But this, this is amazing. All you need is a brown paper bag and 1/4 cup popcorn(Squawkfox.com says to use 1/2 cup, but when I did that my brown paper lunch bag exploded and I had popcorn all over the microwave). You simple put your popcorn kernels in the brown bag, fold it over twice, and put it in your microwave for 3 minute. Just as you would any microwave popcorn, it is done when the popping has slowed to two or three pops per second. There are also suggestions on how to make your own gourmet toppings. Today we added some melted butter and then sprinkled on some cinnamon and sugar, I've never seasoned it this way, and I don't know why. It was delicious.

If you want to make your own microwave popcorn and delicious topping just click right here and you'll be on your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...