Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My New Purse

I've been looking for the perfect purse for awhile, I'd seen this really great, bright, bold and big purse when I was up in Calgary about a month ago. I loved it, but it was quite a bit more money than I am willing to spend on a purse. I've never really been a purse person. I don't have a lot of them, but now that I am a mother of three I am discovering the benefits of a larger purse. So I've been on the look out. But I haven't yet found something that I love. Then my sister-in-law posted her most recent creation, a hobo purse. It was cute and it gave me an idea. So I went to my friend google typed in "purse sewing patterns", and then spent a few hours more than I really should have on searching for a pattern that I loved. I found one, the Gracie Hand Bag. And then even better I found this video that demonstrated how the bag was made so then I didn't have to buy the pattern. Now all I had to do was find the right fabric. That was no easy chore. There are so many fabulous fabrics out there. So many different combinations. So many fabulous colours. How is a girl to choose just enough for one purse? Well I finally managed and this is what I found. I had intended on using one of the panels as a pocket on the front, but I didn't want this purse to be that big, so they panels will have to wait for another project.








They are so gorgeous, I will definitely be using them for something, I just don't know what yet.

So I took these fabrics and I did some measuring and some cutting and some stitching and some unpicking, and restitching and finally I was done and this is how it all turned out. I quite love it. I learned a lot. Next time, and yes, there will totally be a next time, I will be able to do it a lot smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...