Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's the simple things.

I have been busy today finishing up some carseat covers. Tansley, my 3 nearly 4 year old found a discarded piece of material and asked if she could have it. I told her that she could and off she went and I continued sewing. About a minute later she returned and asked if I could put some velcro on it to make a bib for her Fluffy. I have been know to say "When I am done doing what I am doing, then I will do what you want me to do." But today I chose differently. Maybe it was because I felt sorry for her because she has been sick all day with a headache(which I think is totally unfair for a 3 year old), fever and achy muscles. But I'd like to think that it was because I am trying really hard to be a better mom. A more attentive mom. A more patient mom. A mom that just stops what she is doing and takes 30 seconds to sew a little piece of velcro on a scrap piece of material. So, I put the car seat cover aside, found some velcro a put a little piece on, and voila! A bib. Tansley was so thrilled, off she went to put it on her Fluffy and I started on the carseat cover again. A minute later she was back asking if I had another scrap of material to make a bib for her Yellow(she comes up with very creative names for her creatures). We found another piece of material and I made another bib. She told me how much she loved me, gave me a hug and headed upstairs to show her older sister, who then wanted me to make a couple of bibs for her creatures. Another few seconds and I had another child tickled pink. I am still not finished the carseat cover, but that's OK, I'll get back to it now that the kids are in bed. Just pretend you can't see the sewing/crafting mess in the background of this picture.

1 comment:

  1. I found you on Mormon Mom's Who Blog!! This post is me. I try everyday to drop whatever I am doing and pay attention to my girls whenever they call or need me. Thanks for inspiring me to continually be better. It is after all very rewarding!!

    ReplyDelete

leave a message

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...