I'm done. It's finished. And I am pretty pleased with the result. I used a plain quilting cotton for the border, flannel for the backing and satin for the binding. Here is a close up of the border, it is cuter than it looks in the big photo.I loved that it pulled in all the colours that I used in the blocks. The flannel for the backing is purple with all kinds of coloured dots. I learned a lot in the process as is always the case when creating something new. If I ever do it again, I'll do somethings differently, be a little more precise in some places, and avoid some fabrics. But all in all I think that it was a success. My biggest hope is that the little girl that it is for will adore it and it will fulfill it's purpose in helping to calm her. I really hope that it will be something that she treasures for along time. It thrills me to know that another one of my creations is heading out to bless someones life.
If you missed out and want to see more of the process in making this blanket, check out here, here, here and here.