A couple of weeks ago my Sister-in-law posted about the bouncy chair she had recovered for here baby that was due in about a weeks time. I thought to myself, "why haven't I ever thought of that?". So I got busy looking through my fabrics trying to decide what fabrics would be the perfect fit for the bouncy chair and the baby/toddler rocker that I have (both of which I had bought second hand). They were functional, but not what I would call "to die for cute". They did the job that was expected of them, and that must be why I have never thought to spruce them up at all. I didn't think to take a before picture, but here is a picture of the covers that were on them...just all pulled apart.
I decided to use some of the fabric that I have recently acquired free(full story here), a five yard piece of super soft Debbie Mum quilting flannel in neutral colors(and I only used up about a yard) . The black broadcloth that I used as the lining was also from this stash of free fabric. I then recovered the toy bar with a scrap of black crushed velour. I had everything I needed on hand...should I be so surprised? I was so pleased with the end result. I can't wait to have a baby to put in it.
For the baby/toddler rocker I decided on some of the fabulous fabric that I haven't been able to decide what it was destined to become(the full story here. I only used about 1/2yard of the 1 1/2 yard piece...plenty still to make something else with). I used some orange broadcloth that I had as the lining. The only thing that I had to go buy was the blue bias tape to finish the edges. I reused all of the clips from the old cover. My girls love it. My 2 year old thinks it is "so pretty" and loves to sit in it...it is already getting well used.
I have to say I think the new covers are a huge improvement over the old ones. I'm so glad for the inspiration from my sister-in-law.
I'm already working on another baby project...with others lined up waiting to get done...after all I now only have 2 months to get it all done!