Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Some of the best news a pregnant lady can hear...."We'll have to move your due date ahead by 3 weeks".

When I woke up this morning I was in the mind set that I was 28 weeks and a few days, but I knew that baby was measuring about 3 weeks ahead. This is no surprise. I've always had biggish babies(8lb 2oz, and 8lb 10oz). Although you could just plain say that my youngest was HUGE at 10lbs 13oz(born 100% natural). I had little hope that anything would actually change. I was prepared to plead my case....simply that I did not want to deliver another HUGE baby.

The first thing the nurse said to me this morning when I walked into the examining room was "So it looks like we'll be changing your due date. Baby is measuring larger than expected." Is it any surprise that my blood pressure was then a little, a lot high? That will get any pregnant lady excited!

Here are the facts as presented to me today.
1. At my first ultrasound on Jan 21 baby was measuring almost 3 weeks ahead, putting the due date at May 24th.
2. At my second ultrasound on March 18th baby was measuring a full month ahead, putting the due date at May 11th.
3. Because my cycles are as irregular as...(why can't I think of some great simile here?), keeping track of them is very difficult so the original due date of June 12th was based on my best guess as to when my last cycle was(which I thought was pretty accurate).
4. Because the three dates vary so much, it is best to go with the most accurate one, which is the date that we get from the first ultrasound.

So hooray for me!! In a matter of hours nearly a whole month passed by! However, if baby actually comes on or around May 24th I will be surprised. But on the other hand, I know that  baby will be born before June 12th, and since I have been planning on that for the past 28 weeks, I'll be pretty ecstatic with that result.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I hope everything continues to go well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the due date move, (some of) the best news you can hear when you're preggers :)
    I gasped out loud when I read your post, my son was 10lbs 13.5oz at birth and I had him naturally too. I admire your bravery in having another one, giving birth to something that large guaranteed my son was an only child.

    ReplyDelete

leave a message

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...